Re: IO Tuning

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 16:30:47 GMT

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 11:18:52 -0500, hastenthunder wrote:

> Hi Group,
>
> Having read few documents regarding Oracle I/O tuning, I have the impression
> that Oracle experts generally agree that different type of objects should
> exist on different tablespaces and physical disks.
>
> I'm wondering if the above statement is still true if the system
> administrator have performed OS striping on the physical disks (such as raid
> 0+1 or NetApp), if so how do I "see" the different physical disks under the
> UNIX environment? (Sorry I'm a DBA but not a System Administrator).
>
> Any advice and/or useful links would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Gordon
> Junior Oracle DBA
> IMS Inc

In your reading, you missed the discussion about SAME (Stripe and Mirror Everthing/Everywhere)

In general, it appears to be true that if you use striping you should not need to concern yourself about disk-based object separation.

This has been discussed many times and you can get a lot more information by searching the archives. (Archives can be found at http://groups.google.com) Received on Tue Dec 07 2004 - 10:30:47 CST