IO Tuning

From: hastenthunder <hastenthunder_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 11:18:52 -0500

Hi Group,

Having read few documents regarding Oracle I/O tuning, I have the impression that Oracle experts generally agree that different type of objects should exist on different tablespaces and physical disks.

I'm wondering if the above statement is still true if the system administrator have performed OS striping on the physical disks (such as raid 0+1 or NetApp), if so how do I "see" the different physical disks under the UNIX environment? (Sorry I'm a DBA but not a System Administrator).

Any advice and/or useful links would be greatly appreciated.

Gordon
Junior Oracle DBA
IMS Inc Received on Tue Dec 07 2004 - 10:18:52 CST