Re: How can i lock an user from a package?

From: Alvaro G?lvez <bakanon_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 1 Dec 2004 06:23:47 -0800

Thanks, it works :-)

I had a problem with permissions... even when the user had dba rol, oracle didn't allow to alter any user. I had to grant him specific permission to change users.

GRANT ALTER USER TO username WITH ADMIN OPTION

AFAIK, on plsql the roles are not considered, so you must give specific permission to alter tables and users. Hope this will be usefull to someone.