Re: Help required on Data Guard

From: Praveen <spraveen2001_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 28 Nov 2004 22:20:39 -0800

Hi,

Sorry!!! for the late response.

> Get an experienced consultant in for multimaster replication. Your
> uptime requirements sound fairly strict, is that an arbitrary
> management decision or is it based on actual study of business
> requirements? Or does someone just want to know how much it would
> cost?

Yes, it is a management decision that, there should not be no downtime.

Actually, We will be having totally 4 oracle servers in one location. Out of those 3 will be in cluster and one for Backup. In these 3 server again, 1 will be standby server. for standby server, we are planning to use Data Guard with RAC. I'm bit confused how this Data Guard will work with RAC. As, RAC works with multiple instances with single database. For which oracle server in RAC we need to setup Data Guard configuration.

Could please help me???

Praveen Received on Mon Nov 29 2004 - 00:20:39 CST