Re: EMV BCV backup Veritas Flash Snap Netapps Snap copy in trouble ?

From: wagen <wagen123_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 25 Nov 2004 09:09:29 -0800

This feature only helps reduce the time/size taken for incremental backups since it backups up modified blocks only (stored in a binary file) - doesn't read the entire db to figure what changed as in versions prior to 10g. The problem is with RMAN restore. We have a 5 TB db, just image restoring this from tape via RMAN.