EMV BCV backup Veritas Flash Snap Netapps Snap copy in trouble ?

From: hrishy <hrishys_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: 24 Nov 2004 23:34:17 -0800

Hi Folks

I just had the chance to see an article and a presentation on how with block level change tracking in 10g and applying incremental backups continously and rolling it forward we can have continous full backup with RMAN in 10g.

Does this mean end of life for products like Veritas flash snap EMC bcv backup and Netapps snap copy ?

BCV can do backups of say 1TB database in a matter of minutes and if i have a site with 1 TB database and say that the data change is approximately 1 Gb then RMAN in 10g can do backups in say about 1 Hour even..Then does this mean death of the above products

regards
Hrishy Received on Thu Nov 25 2004 - 01:34:17 CST