Re: Logon trigger

From: Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 19:38:03 +0100

Prem K Mehrotra wrote:
> I am writing a logon trigger to implement some Sarbanes Oxley
> regulations.
> Users may be connecting using listener:
>
> sqlplus scott/password_at_svcname
>
> or bypassing listener:
>
> sqlplus scott/password
>

> Is there a way to distinguish the two in logon trigger. I know in
> logon trigger one can get IP address, OS user etc, but how does one
> distinguish between the two
> cases.

Your "bypassing the listener" is not guaranteed; an entry like 'local' in the registry allows sqlplus scott/tiger to connect using a default connection string (as defined by 'local').

So, your assumption that sqlplus scott/tiger is a local connection is wrong.

You should be able to check; the process list on a unix box shows LOCAL=NO for remote connections, and LOCAL=YES for true local connections.

OTOH, I fail to see the rationale of all this.

--

Regards,
Frank van Bortel