Re: Linux Flavour for Oracle 9i

From: Marc Eggenberger <marc.eggenberger_at_remove.itc.alstom.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 14:26:47 +0100

In article <419B0253.3010009_at_mycontinent.com>, fabrizio.magni_at_mycontinent.com says...
> Marc Eggenberger wrote:

[...]

> Hi Marc,
> sorry to bother but can you give me the version of every software involved?
> I'm going to start my first test on EVA in two weeks and you could spare
> me a lot of troubles.

Hi Fabrizio.

We used SuSE Enterprise Linux 8. Important was to install SP3 for it. Here are some infos from the pengiun systems:

In the begining we had problems with the qlogic fire channel drivers. But what I heard now is that those problems disappeared. Just get the most recent one for your distribution (we could download for SuSE SEL oder RedHat Enterprise Server).

Now Oracle 9R2 is running without any problems on it.

HTH.

--
mfg
Marc Eggenberger