Password Sync Oracle/Unix within Oracle proc?

From: Mike Dodd <doddme_at_-remove-mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 09:19:06 -0600

We have an application which requires that the Unix and Oracle passwords match. The application (apparently) stores the password and uses it for Unix shell scripts and running scripts from the command prompt (all behind the scenes).

That said, we have users who log onto the system directly having no access to our network. They drill into the unix machine through a citrix box.

Is there some way (I know there is via SQL*Plus ($/!)) to run the 'passwd' command pass it some values from within Oracle?

I would like to have a stored procedure which does some evaluation on the user request (i.e. we don't change root, system, sys, etc) then proceeds to change currently logged into account password as well as the Unix password.

(This instance runs on a Unix box - this is the only box I need to change)

Any help is appreciated. Received on Sat Nov 20 2004 - 09:19:06 CST