Re: Serious article on comparison between MS SQL Server 2005 Yukon and Oracle 10g

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: 18 Nov 2004 03:38:57 -0800

Database replication via OracleMonster.com wrote:
> I didn't see yet such complete features comparison between Yukon and
10g until I found this article
www.wisdomforce.com/dweb/resources/docs/MSSQL2005_ORACLE10g_compare.pdf on WisdomForce website. This would be useful for both Oracle and SQL Server folks to read. No marketing material at whole :) It talks about locking strategy, performance issues, clustering and replication. Those guys who wrote the article they did some serious piece of work.

Possibly, however the article is poorly structured and unfortunately the substandard English actually gets in the way of understanding at times. For example, just the third sentence of the article reads

"We will discuss several new features, which were developed by Microsoft in order to provide completive functionality to its commercial rival Oracle database."

I'm pretty sure that the authors' intention was to describe Yukon as offering *competitive* functionality; but it may be that they really did mean completive, or the complete set of Oracle functionality, if they did then they were incorrect.

Niall Received on Thu Nov 18 2004 - 05:38:57 CST