Re: Serious article on comparison between MS SQL Server 2005 Yukon and Oracle 10g

From: John Miller <john_miller_portland_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 19 Nov 2004 12:46:31 -0800

Very good paper! Learned a lot. Frankly, I didn't see the comparison between 10g and Yukon yet. This is a first one and such detailed!! Great work.
I would recommend developers of Oracle and SQL Server to read this. You have to pay $$ for this kind of documentation, but WisdomForce giving this away, which is nice.

John

>Database replication via OracleMonster.com wrote: > I didn't see yet
such complete features comparison between Yukon and 10g until I found this article
www.wisdomforce.com/dweb/resources/docs/MSSQL2005_ORACLE10g_compare.pdf on WisdomForce website. This would be useful for both Oracle and SQL Server folks to read. No marketing material at whole :) It talks about locking strategy, performance issues, clustering and replication. Those
guys who wrote the article they did some serious piece of work. Received on Fri Nov 19 2004 - 14:46:31 CST