Re: SQL tuning

From: Access <idmwarpzone_NOSPAM__at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 21:52:42 +0100

"Holger Baer" <holger.baer_at_science-computing.de> wrote in message news:cn1s93$nu9$1_at_news.BelWue.DE...
> Richard Kuhler wrote:
> > Access wrote:
> > <snip>
> >
> >> What about this one : (I saw it in a local book store) :
> >

> > > Oracle High-Performance SQL Tuning (Donald K. Burleson)
> > <snip>
> >
> > I'm guessing this is just a troll but have a look at the thread "A
> > Voodoo Masterpiece" just in case it isn't. I wouldn't expect too many
> > glowing reviews from this group.
> >
> > --
> > Richard Kuhler
> >

> He certainly is: who on earth goes to a local bookstore, sees a book that
> he thinks might be of interest, copies down the booklet, asks in a
somewhat
> biased newsgroup about tuning books in general and, when the expected
answer
> dosn't come out even repeats the booklet here? That's not trolling, that's
> spam!
>

> Cheers
> Holger

It's not a troll, nor spam ... it was just a simple question : what about the book <...> I'm not that long active in this newsgroup (and I don't know if I will be, considering the replies), so I wasn't aware of the Donald K. Burleson "myth". I'm just looking around for a good book on SQL tuning, and I did like his "Unix for Oracle DBAs" pocket reference. I learnt a lot from it and I keep it with me all the time.

Matthias Received on Fri Nov 12 2004 - 14:52:42 CST