Re: Oracle 9I RAC - Limit on databases

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 10 Nov 2004 02:33:36 -0800

tom12l_at_yahoo.com (Tom) wrote in message news:<1417c32c.0411091445.54dcfde_at_posting.google.com>...
> Another question about multiple databases on RAC.
>
> How do you handle the parameter file, it appears there can only be one?

For all of your questions there is an easy answer: it is just the same as without RAC, but on two nodes. So if you look on each node and on any single server hosting more Oracle databases, then it is exactly the same.
Performance issues are also similar (memory, CPU, IO etc.), the only difference is the need for wider interconnect between nodes, because more database are sharing it. Or you can use a dedicated interconnect for each of your databases.

--
Dusan Bolek
http://www.db-support.com

Email: spambin_at_seznam.cz
Pls add "Not Guilty" to the subject, otherwise your email will face an
unpleasant end as SPAM.