Enterprise slow, Standard fast?

From: Arska <NaruArska_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 10:07:18 +0200

Is this even possible:
Oracle 9.2.0.5 Standard edition is many times faster than Oracle 9.2.0.5 Enterprise Edition.
In same hardware and OS.

We have a job which takes ca. 5 hours in our production DB.
(PL/SQL stored procedures)

New server (not in production yet) can run this job in 2,5 hours with Standard edition.
Enterprise edition was not finished the job when it was running about 10 hours.

Can anyone tell me what we need to different way in EE? Modifications to application? Oracle settings? OS?

About enviroment:
HP Proliant DL 380 G4
2 * 3.6 GHz Xeon
4 GB RAM
12 * 36 GB 15000 rpm disk, RAID 0+1
White Box Enterprise Linux 3.0
(Tested with RH7.3 and FC2 too)

Tested with oracle:

9.2.0.4 SE	(fast)
9.2.0.5 SE	(fast)
9.2.0.4 EE	(slow)
9.2.0.5 EE	(slow)
10.2.0.3 EE	(slow)

Settings:
Shared pool:	600 MB
Buffer cache:	400 MB
Large pool:	400 MB
Java pool:	32 MB
Aggregate PGA target:	665 MB
Open cursors:	10000
Processes:	300

Other settings have default value. Received on Sat Nov 06 2004 - 02:07:18 CST