Re: Enterprise slow, Standard fast?

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.verwijderdit.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 12:12:01 +0100

On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 10:07:18 +0200, Arska <NaruArska_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>Can anyone tell me what we need to different way in EE?
>Modifications to application? Oracle settings? OS?
>
>About enviroment:
>HP Proliant DL 380 G4
>2 * 3.6 GHz Xeon
>4 GB RAM
>12 * 36 GB 15000 rpm disk, RAID 0+1
>White Box Enterprise Linux 3.0
>(Tested with RH7.3 and FC2 too)
>Tested with oracle:
>9.2.0.4 SE (fast)
>9.2.0.5 SE (fast)
>9.2.0.4 EE (slow)
>9.2.0.5 EE (slow)
>10.2.0.3 EE (slow)
>
>Settings:
>Shared pool: 600 MB
>Buffer cache: 400 MB
>Large pool: 400 MB
>Java pool: 32 MB
>Aggregate PGA target: 665 MB
>Open cursors: 10000
>Processes: 300
>Other settings have default value.

I would recommend trying to learn Oracle and trying to learn to develop applications instead of just cranking up settings. The above settings are absolutely ridiculous, especially the open cursors as that is a *per session limit*. Also your post doesn't contain the slightest trace of analysis what the EE instance is waiting for.
Your general claim EE is slower than SE is just absolute nonsense, and shows your ignoramce.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA