Re: SOS - the day after migrating to Oracle 9.2

From: Jeroen van den Broek <Jeroen_at_NO_SPAMbaasbovenbaas.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 00:23:42 +0100

Mark Townsend wrote:
> Alex wrote:
>

>> We did not have any problem to open a tar with oracle an receive a
>> patch for a lgwr issue - so much for the support.
>>

> Alex - just to re-iterate - VMWare is NOT a supported platform for
> production Oracle environments, and it would be wrong of you to
> imply it was, and that Oracle knowingly provided support.

Mark,

could you please confirm that, contrary to VMWare, zVM on an IBM mainframe is supported as production platform?
We have installed Oracle9i on zLinux (SUSE SLES8) running as a virtual machine under zVM and just downloaded 10g to be installed in another zLinux under zVM. For now, it is only in a test environment for a proof of concept, but there is already pressure from some of our customers to have their production systems migrated to this platform.

Jeroen. Received on Thu Nov 04 2004 - 17:23:42 CST