Re: How can I create an oracle schema?

From: Gerry Sinkiewicz <sinkiege_at_snet.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 23:23:27 GMT

"Guillermo Uriarte" <guiuriarte_at_yahoo.es> wrote in message news:fe26aa89.0410291441.54f7dd11_at_posting.google.com...
> How can I create an oracle schema?

I have found that first creating a new tablespace(s) that lines up with application requirements
in terms of disk space needed is a good first step.

Then create a user as other have said and grant the user quota on the new tablespace, make it
the new user's default tablespace, and grant some of the system privs that are in the connect
role to the new user ID.

This will isolate the application supported by the schema ID from other applications, so when
one hits end of tablespace (or disk as the case maybe), the other apps in the instance will still
function. Received on Wed Nov 03 2004 - 17:23:27 CST