Re: Oracle 10 install on Linux AS 3 - won't install

From: Keg <rhugga_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 1 Nov 2004 20:10:30 -0800

google_at_dunn-online.us (Mark) wrote in message news:<ae595444.0411010650.30deecfc_at_posting.google.com>...
> We are attempting an Oracle 10G install on a Linux AS 3.0 box. This
> is a new box, with no existing software (other then the OS) on it.
> We've created the oracle account, set the kernel parameters as
> recommended, etc. When we attempt to run runInstall, it verifies that
> the parameters are correct, then simply exits back to the OS. No
> error message.. No warnings... Nothing. No window ever appears...
>
> Any ideas?

Did you install the pre-installation patch downloaded from Metalink? Also, did you define LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1 in the shell you are running the installer from? (I tend to forget this from time to time since I'm always bouncing between Solaris and Linux)

Although you should get an error if your display is not set, make sure your X environment is correct:

env | grep DISPLAY

Example for a local install:
DISPLAY=localhost:0.0

If that is set, just try running a simple xterm session, that will at least show the X setup is not the issue. Received on Mon Nov 01 2004 - 22:10:30 CST