Oracle 9i - instances on server getting crossed?

From: <Harry_Boswell_at_@deq.state.ms.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 10:22:03 -0500

I don't know a better way to explain this - I'm running Oracle 9i (9.2.0.5) on a Sun 280R. I have two instances on the box. This behavior only occurs when I'm connecting from a remote system. My listener.ora is defined as:

LISTENER =

  (ADDRESS_LIST =
        (ADDRESS= (PROTOCOL= IPC)(KEY= TEMPO8))
        (ADDRESS= (PROTOCOL= TCP)(Host= opcdb2)(Port= 1521))
        (ADDRESS= (PROTOCOL= IPC)(KEY= TEST8))
        (ADDRESS= (PROTOCOL= TCP)(Host= opcdb2)(Port= 1522))
  )
SID_LIST_LISTENER =
    (SID_LIST=
     (SID_DESC =

(GLOBAL_DBNAME= opcdb2.deq.state.ms.us)
(ORACLE_HOME= /ora00/oracle92)
(SID_NAME = TEMPO8)
) (SID_DESC =
(GLOBAL_DBNAME= opcdb2.deq.state.ms.us)
(ORACLE_HOME= /ora00/oracle92)
(SID_NAME = TEST8)
)

  )
STARTUP_WAIT_TIME_LISTENER = 0
CONNECT_TIMEOUT_LISTENER = 10
TRACE_LEVEL_LISTENER = OFF I'm running MTS, if that helps. This configuration has worked OK for my 8i instances on other servers, but on this server and these instances, remote connections are getting mis-directed - you log on to one instance, log off and log back on to that instance and it instead connects you to the other instance. Have I mis-configured the listener? I've tried searching Metalink and newsgroups, but I'm not finding anything.

Thanks,
Harry Boswell Received on Mon Oct 25 2004 - 10:22:03 CDT