Re: Configure Large SGA (>4gb) for Oracle 9ir2 64 bit on SLES-9

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 18:11:18 -0700

AJ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am struggling to allocate more memory on the server for the SGA. I
> have 8gb ram on the intel based 64 bit system with 2 processor with
> SUSe Enterprise 9.0
>
> Thanks a lot for your help.
>
> AJ

What makes you think that a larger SGA is going to do anything but make your situation worse? What statistics make you believe this is the correct course of action?

I know this isn't a straight-forward answer to your question but 98% of the time people ask this question they are flailing about.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington