Re: So what if 8i is outta support ?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 13:32:35 -0700

Robert wrote:

> 8i is outta support 12-31-2004, correct ?
>
> Is it such a "big deal" or horror to be running 8i after that date ?

Only if in 5 years you expect to be fully qualified to flip burgers for a living.

Last week I was interviewing PL/SQL developers. No one whose experience was 8i (and not 9i) was even considered. Next week I begin interviewing DBA candidates. Those whose primary experience is 8i won't get past having their resumes tossed into the recycling.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington