Re: So what if 8i is outta support ?

From: Robert <rchin_at_nospampanix.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 18:34:06 -0400

"DA Morgan"
> Last week I was interviewing PL/SQL developers. No one whose experience
> was 8i (and not 9i) was even considered. Next week I begin interviewing
> DBA candidates. Those whose primary experience is 8i won't get past
> having their resumes tossed into the recycling.

First thanks for all the great responses!

wow that was a bit extreme, imo.
DBA - that's a different story.
But re PL/SQL - please tell me what's SO DIFFERENT btw 8i/9i and 10g that warrants this kinda drastic filtering approach ?

I'd happily take a seasoned 8i pl/sql guy who has read Tom Kytes books over any 10g-certified-up-the-wazoo guy. Received on Mon Oct 25 2004 - 17:34:06 CDT