Variable to hold a cast table??

From: Eidolon Ivanovich <aabdis_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 22 Oct 2004 13:40:47 -0700

Hello all, i have a SPLIT function which splits a string on a delimeter and returns back a table type. In order to use the resuls, i can do:

SELECT COLUMN_VALUE FROM TABLE(CAST(SPLIT(pLOTLOCs,DelimLOTLOCs) as TBL_VARCHAR2)) What i would like to do is to create a local variable in my procedure to store the results of:
TABLE(CAST(SPLIT(pLOTLOCs,DelimLOTLOCs) as TBL_VARCHAR2))

So maybe i could make a variable something like TAB_LOTLOCs SOMETYPE := TABLE(CAST(SPLIT(pLOTLOCs,DelimLOTLOCs) as TBL_VARCHAR2)); Then i dont have to keep doing all the spliting and casting. I could then just do
SELECT COLUMN_VALUE FROM TAB_LOTLOCs.

How can i do this??

Thanks in advance. Received on Fri Oct 22 2004 - 15:40:47 CDT