Re: Delphi,Oracle,SqlServer,Profiler...

From: Ed Stevens <nospam_at_noway.nohow>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 08:03:03 -0500

On 21 Oct 2004 13:25:04 -0700, md9_at_ibest.com.br wrote:

>hI,
>
>I found the SQL in the Sessions in ENTERPRISE MANAGER.
>
>Excuse me if someone had already answered that.
>Google have an enourmous delay.

<snip>

It's not Google, it's the nature of usenet. We (including you) are not posting/reading these messages to a central 'bulletin board'. The messages go to one of several thousand 'news servers', with each poster/reader using the news server of their choice. Through some mechanism I don't understand, each news server relays its message traffic to several others and that process is repeated ad infinitum until eventually all of the participating servers have the message. Each server operator determines which newsgroups he will carry.

Google is really just another participant, albeit one that has thrown up a web interface and search engine, and doesn't age out the messages that come thru it.

Thus, when you post a message, it goes to the news server of your choice -- which very well may be Google. However, I won't see it until it has been relayed thru some unknown number of servers from yours (Google) to mine (att.globalnet). And you won't see my reply until it has been relayed thru some unknown number of servers from mine back to yours.

Add to that the fact that the person with the reply you need -- the answer to your question -- may live 12 timezones away from you. Makes it rather amazing and amusing when someone posts "Urgent! I have a production system down and need help fast!" Received on Fri Oct 22 2004 - 08:03:03 CDT