Re: Surrogate Key vs Production Key

From: Ed prochak <ed.prochak_at_magicinterface.com>
Date: 21 Oct 2004 10:25:01 -0700

Cris Carampa <cris119_at_operamail.com> wrote in message news:<ckl8go$ar0$1_at_lacerta.tiscalinet.it>...
> Ed prochak wrote:
>
> > Not necessarily disagreeing with you but "wastes hd space" exposes a
> > prejudice. To say that it USES space is certainly true.
>
> I was acting as the devil's lawyer :) - i.e. trying to figure out
> negative effects of the natural key model. Actually, I'm a natural key
> supporter :) and I always designed databases just like the way Mark
> describes in his reply to me.
>
> Kind regards,

good to see there is some sanity out there. 8^)

I'm not fanatically opposed to Surrogate Keys either. I just think Noons has made claims that are too extravagant to be ignored.

Have a great day.

Ed

Isn't the Red Sox winning the world series one of the seven signs of the appocalypse? 8^) Received on Thu Oct 21 2004 - 12:25:01 CDT