Re: Surrogate Key vs Production Key

From: Cris Carampa <cris119_at_operamail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 09:04:53 +0200

Ed prochak wrote:

> Not necessarily disagreeing with you but "wastes hd space" exposes a
> prejudice. To say that it USES space is certainly true.

I was acting as the devil's lawyer :) - i.e. trying to figure out negative effects of the natural key model. Actually, I'm a natural key supporter :) and I always designed databases just like the way Mark describes in his reply to me.

Kind regards,

--
Cris Carampa (spamto:cris119_at_operamail.com)

The World is Case Sensitive.
Only the Evil Empire is cAsE inSenSitivE.