Re: Oracle 10g and Apple MacOSX who has experience how to install?

From: Mark Townsend <markbtownsend_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 14:31:49 GMT

max wrote:
> Has anyone experience in installing oracle on a Macintosh (Powerbook or
> G5) Running MacOSX 1.3.5 ?
>
> What do i need to install it successfully and how does it perform ?
>
> maximilian

I installed the Oracle9i Database developers release over a year ago on this iBook (PowerPC, now 10.3.5).

The install for the developers release is a tarball and an install script (and not the OUI), so you need to be familiar with how Oracle installs and how to manually create a database, but it was pretty simple. It doesn't include some of the options, such as RAC, OLAP, Spatial etc

Performance wise I haven't tried anything other than a few random queries, but it wasn't at all embarassing.

Is the production version ready yet - I didn't think it had shipped Received on Wed Oct 20 2004 - 09:31:49 CDT