Re: setting up 2 Oracle-8 databases on one host

From: Ed Stevens <nospam_at_noway.nohow>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 16:22:51 -0500

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 14:09:08 -0400, "KatrinaH" <kcheathcote_at_nospam.yahoo.com> wrote:

>I guess I left things a little ambiguous. Here are the details:
>
>1) My goal is to make a carbon copy of my company's current databse setup
>on a new host for testing purposes. The current database setup has two
>databases on one host - one database holds the 'data'- this database has 5
>schemas - and the other is used to keep track of work requests.
>
>2) I using Oracle8i (8.1.7). My OS is Compaq Tru64 UNIX
>
>3) I want to keep the same ORACLE_HOME - this is what was done in the
>databases I am making a copy of.
>
>I have already installed Oracle and I set up the 'data' database. After I
>had set it up I realized the 'work request' database needed to be on the
>same host. I am now unsure how to create the second database on this
>host.

You create it just like you did the first one. Hopefully you used an OFA compliant scheme for naming your directories and files, so that the files for this new db will be in their own directories. Don't forget to always set ORACLE_SID for the db you want to work with. And as Nasir said, you only need one listener. Received on Wed Oct 13 2004 - 16:22:51 CDT