Re: Metalink browser support?

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 12 Oct 2004 23:43:43 -0700

Walt <walt_askier_at_YourShoesyahoo.com> wrote in message news:<416C4001.CACCB340_at_YourShoesyahoo.com>...
> Anybody know what browsers metalink supports? It just hangs in IE 6.
> With my old version of Netscape (4.7, which I keep around for testing
> purposes) the site works more or less, but attempting to download a
> binary just causes a bunch of hex to be displayed in the window.
>
> So, it looks like I need to dawnload and install a new browser to be
> able to access patches on metalink. Since metalink is picky, and I
> don't want to waste any more time than I already have, suggestions,
> please?

Oficially,the supported browsers are Netscapes and IE. It is also working in the current Opera for few months. Internet Explorer 6.0 works without problems on Metalink. Problem could be somewhere else (proxy?).

--
Dusan Bolek
http://www.db-support.com

Email: spambin_at_seznam.cz
Pls add "Not Guilty" to the subject, otherwise your email will face an
unpleasant end as SPAM.