Metalink browser support?

From: Walt <walt_askier_at_YourShoesyahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 16:35:13 -0400

Anybody know what browsers metalink supports? It just hangs in IE 6. With my old version of Netscape (4.7, which I keep around for testing purposes) the site works more or less, but attempting to download a binary just causes a bunch of hex to be displayed in the window.

So, it looks like I need to dawnload and install a new browser to be able to access patches on metalink. Since metalink is picky, and I don't want to waste any more time than I already have, suggestions, please?

--

//-Walt
//