Can I create a database via oracle client?

From: Markus Innerebner <markusin_at_yahoo.de>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 10:38:09 +0200

Dear collegs,

I want to know, if there is a way to create a database with sqlplus via oracle client. I realized the problem, that for the connection to the server it is mandatory the connectionString(hoststring) that contains an SID.
That meens, that without an existing database, I am not able to get a connection to the oracle server via sqlplus.

Is there a way, that I can do it.
I would not do it with DBCA, because this should be done via a sql script.

thanks

best regards Markus Received on Tue Oct 05 2004 - 03:38:09 CDT