Differences 9.2.0.1.0 to 9.2.0.5 with field types

From: Nicolas Bronke <Nicolas_bronke_at_web.de>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 12:27:42 +0200

We encounter following problem:

Normally we are using 9.2.0.1.0 and we also have several views with union-statements. In these views the origing fields has been Integer type. We accepted that with creating of this views, the field types changed to float and we adjusted the end user program for that.

Now a customer is using 9.2.0.5 and here the behaviour does not exists. The field type keeps Integer, And now we hve some problems again with the end user program.

Of cause we have a solution in rewriting the view code, but we would like to test it on our side first.

Therefore we checked on metalink for an update, but after downloading it tells us, that no update is necessary. This may be true, because we let run it on Windows 2000 or on Linux and the patches are for different OS. As I remeber for some Unix and Windows 2003 and cluster systems, what we do not have.

Is it nevertheless possible to let run the patch on our machines, so that we can find out the incompatibilities?

Thanks for any hint,

Regards
Nicolas Received on Mon Oct 04 2004 - 05:27:42 CDT