Query timeout mechanism in ODBC for Oracle

From: AK <akuppachi_at_hssworld.com>
Date: 4 Oct 2004 01:20:00 -0700

Hi,

I work on a Solaris-based application that interacts with an Oracle 9i backend for its processing. The application uses ODBC front-end to the database using third-party vendor ODBC drivers (EasySoft/Datadirect). I am looking for a means of implementing query timeouts on database queries. For example, i want that, if a query runs for longer than a configured time period, the query should get aborted and return some failure code to my application. I am not able to see any means of achieving this in the Oracle/ODBC driver documentation, nor do i see a similar problem addressed anywhere on the net. I would appreciate any pointers on how i could achieve this timeout mechanism, so that my application could do some error processing when database latency goes beyond some threshold value.

TIA,
Aparna. Received on Mon Oct 04 2004 - 03:20:00 CDT