Re: Cannot updated table with stored procedure triggered by Crystal Reports

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 21:43:43 -0700

Ruslan Kogan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are trying to run a stored procedure from Crystal Reports which
> updates a table in our Orcale database. However, we get the following
> error message:
>
> "ORA-01456: may not perform insert/delete/update operation inside a
> READ ONLY transaction"
>
> However, when we connect to the database as the same user, we are able
> to successfully execute the stored procedure in SQLPlus.
>
> Does anyone know what is going wrong??
>
> Thanks!

There is no problem doing inserts, updates, and/or deletes from a stored procedure executed by Crystal Reports: At least in version 8 or thereafter.

Are you using ODBC or native connection? Who wrote the PL/SQL?
What version of the Oracle database?
Are and values returned by the procedure to the report? If so using what parameters and are they IN, OUT, or IN OUT?

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington