Re: Resizing tablespace

From: agis <stag_at_hq.acn.gr>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 10:04:49 +0300

"madcap" <madcap_at_email.com> wrote in message news:2d98adf1.0409281223.5ff5f74e_at_posting.google.com...
> Hi folks,
>
> I am using Oracle 9i with LMT. However one of the tablespace, USERS,
> is sized on a higher side and is 20% used. Can I not simply export
> all the objects that belong in that tablespace, drop objects, resize
> the tablespace and re-import?
>
> Is there anything wrong in the above method? The data is not much.
>
> Thanks in advance.

U can resize down the datafile.

If u can not do that u can move the tables into an other tbs, resize it down and move data backwords.

This can be dobe with your ide of export but i suggest u can use the move command for all tables in tbs and the rebuild for any indexes if are. Received on Wed Sep 29 2004 - 02:04:49 CDT