Re: Which Linux dist/version for Oracle 9.2 education/playing

From: JEDIDIAH <jedi_at_nomad.mishnet>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 10:40:28 -0500

On 2004-09-27, John Hurley <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I cannot think of any reason if you are starting fresh to not use
> white box linux as you get familiar with linux and oracle.

        Other distributions are more robust while still being gratis and still contain the same core that RHEL would. You can concentrate more on Oracle and less on where Redhat or it's cloners might not have gotten something right. This might also put you in a better position to evaluate Suse's enterprise edition too, and not just donate business to Redhat.

> Sure some other distro's work well but RHAS is well established and
> white box is a clone/knockoff of RHAS.

        ...this sounds vaguely familiar.

--
        Negligence will never equal intent, no matter how you
attempt to distort reality to do so. This is what separates         |||