Re: Oracle 10g for Solaris x86

From: Gerry Sinkiewicz <sinkiege_at_snet.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 22:28:30 GMT

<URL:http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/database/oracle10g/>

> Great. Thanks for the info John.
>
> I have downloaded and installed it on my s10_63 machine, but had to change
> few configuration files to "support" Solaris 5.10 as well (otherwise it
> stops as soon as detects Solaris 5.10). Now I have to find out what I can
> do with it, I don't have much Oracle experience ...
>
> Dragan
>
> --
> Dragan Cvetkovic,
>
> To be or not to be is true. G. Boole No it isn't. L. E. J. Brouwer
>
> !!! Sender/From address is bogus. Use reply-to one !!!

I installed the 10.1.0.3.0 software on an x86 SMP Solaris 9 box, yesterday. No problems with the install.
Got some practice creating 10g instances manually (not using DCA). The 10g OEM client is not as complete as the 9i client there is a bunch of diagnositic/performance stuff missing. And the 9i OEM will not connect to a 10g instance, error indicates that a DBA
does not have select any dictionary (eventhough it does). I think I will wait a little longer (for 10.2.0) and get a complete set of CDs with a full OEM
before I start deploying this in production. Received on Sun Sep 26 2004 - 17:28:30 CDT