Re: Autorecovery when oracle crash

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 13 Sep 2004 02:34:11 -0700

Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1094867118.569589_at_yasure>...
> I do sincerely hope I have misunderstood what you wrote. But if you have
> a server that you added 12GB of RAM to to keep Oracle working you
> desparately need to find someone that knows what they are doing. I would
> urge you to contact Jonathan Lewis for starters.

With all due respect to Jonathan I do not think he can help here. There is almost 5000 simultaneous users (with different levels of activity) and most of the database code is in vendor provided application where we can't change a single line. In fact these 22GB are not sufficient and proposal from local Oracle expert who was hired to check the configuration is to enlarge total amount of memory to 32GB.

--
Dusan Bolek
http://www.db-support.com

Email: spambin_at_seznam.cz
Pls add "Not Guilty" to the subject, otherwise your email will face an
unpleasant end as SPAM.