Re: Autorecovery when oracle crash

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 18:44:14 -0700

Dusan Bolek wrote:

> Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1094784690.781482_at_yasure>...
>

>>If you server is crashing ... fix the problem. Or is the integrity of
>>your system also not important?

> Sometimes is hard to fix problem, sometimes it is impossible. For
> example on one of my systems we had to switch from MTS to dedicated,
> because of an error in Oracle. We had to increase memory from 10GB to
> 22GB to keep it working. If there will be no possibility to increase
> memory in such huge extent, then I would be in the same situation as
> him. :-(
>
> --
> Dusan Bolek
> http://www.db-support.com
>
> Email: spambin_at_seznam.cz
> Pls add "Not Guilty" to the subject, otherwise your email will face an
> unpleasant end as SPAM.

I do sincerely hope I have misunderstood what you wrote. But if you have a server that you added 12GB of RAM to to keep Oracle working you desparately need to find someone that knows what they are doing. I would urge you to contact Jonathan Lewis for starters.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington