Re: How to apply archive logs on an cold backup

From: Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 09:23:28 +0200

Howard J. Rogers wrote:
> Frank van Bortel wrote:
>

>>Howard J. Rogers wrote:
>>
>>>Frank:

> Clearly, there is mis-communication. The tenor of your contribution
> regarding 'look at your other posts in this thread' was very definitely
> that I had repeatedly asserted one would NEVER need to 'use backup
> controlfile' in a recovery.
>
> If that is wrong, you could just have said so.
>
> You have now done so, and I take that part as finished.

Have replied off-line; the matter (of hints and allegations) seems to boil down to cultural
differences (what does this sentence mean?).

In short: "Just reread your contributions to this thread" was not meant to hint Howard was wrong in any way, and I apologize publicly for that impression being created - it never was my intention, nor did I realize it might be felt in such a way.

Still learning...

--

Regards,
Frank van Bortel