Global Temporary Table

From: Laly <lalydba_at_free.fr>
Date: 7 Sep 2004 05:33:19 -0700

Hello,

We are running on Oracle 8.1.7.4 on Unix (AIX 4.3.3.0)

I'm facing a problem with a global temporary table (on commit preserve rows) : it is going through the loop :
- delete all

At the beginning of the procedure everything is going fine. I can see how the process is going on in v$session.

After half an hour, the speed begins to decrease a lot and there are lot of "db file scattered read" events pointing to my temporary table. It is true that there are lots of FTS on this temporary table, but its content is very small (about 20 rows at each step of the loop)

Our temporary tablespace is PERMANENT.

Now the process is nearly stucked.

What can we do ? What can be the cause of this problem ?

Regards,

Laly. Received on Tue Sep 07 2004 - 07:33:19 CDT