Re: How to export from a higher Oracle version and import into a lower Oracle version

From: Sybrand Bakker <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 23:54:12 +0200

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 11:33:27 +0100, "steve" <steve_at_invalid.com> wrote:

>We need to support the 8.1.5 machine. What else should I be trying to get
>this data across ?

First off: I don't know why you 'support' a version that has been desupported by Oracle several years ago. If you are representing a vendor, I think you as a vendor are acting unprofessional, and you should have obtained ECS. You likely don't have ECS, otherwise you probably wouldn't have posted the question at all here. Shame on you, and a lesson for end of this year, when the Marche funebre runs for 8.1.7.

I don't think there is another option than to resolve the errors. I don't know from the top of my head what ora-1406 is, and I'm not going to do your research.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA