Re: How to apply archive logs on an cold backup

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 09:45:01 +1000

Tim Kearsley wrote:

> Howard, I just wish you had been my tutor when I was doing my Oracle
> Backup and Recovery course! Thank you for a very clear and precise
> description of the way to recover from this sort of scenario. Today I
> created myself a little database to play with and tested out some of
> these scenarios, and this, in conjunction with your input via this
> group has certainly improved MY understanding, and probably that of a
> few others I wouldn't be surprised.
>
> My apologies if my earlier posts have clouded the issue.
>
> Try and avoid that asteroid as I doubt a piece of Bonsai shrubbery
> would make such valuable contributions to this group!!
>
> Regards,
>
> Tim Kearsley

Well, Tim... I recall you posting all sorts of good things in the past, and I really should have been cool, calm and reflective before I replied to you the first time. So my apologies for that in return.

It was your near-opening line in your first post that touched a nerve, together with the general woolliness that seems to cling to this subject. As evidenced by the other contributions to this thread. But that's no excuse, though.

If we could all generally just the learn the lesson that 'using backup controlfile' gets used as a command only when one actually is, I shall be happy!

Regards
HJR Received on Thu Sep 02 2004 - 18:45:01 CDT