Re: Oracle 10g installer seems to use the wrong host name

From: tED <theom_at_gte.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 10:04:33 GMT

Had somewhat of the same problem until I found (deep in the doc's) the instructions to create a local TCP loopback connection before installing 10g . The Oracle example uses 10.10.10.10 for an address (non routed)   MS!@# has different 'how to' instructions for 2000/XP. Search for help on 'loopback connector'. The instructions are not totally correct.   Don't forget to update the 'hosts' file with your picked address and your hostname, then . . restart.

  You would be better off installing with the DSL modem turned OFF before 'restart'.

HTH tED