Re: archive_lag_target

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 31 Aug 2004 12:22:15 -0700

wagen123_at_yahoo.com (wagen) wrote in message news:<c83c8fbf.0408200534.27ee11ed_at_posting.google.com>...
> which oracle background process triggers the "alter system switch
> logfile" as per the init.ora parameter "archive_lag_target"?
>
> Not sure if its LGWR or ARCn?
>
> Thanks

Since I can see log switch once every minute when I set archive_lag_target = 60 on a *noarchivelog* database, it can't be ARCn. It doesn't sound likely any other background process does this job. So I assume it must be LGWR. I only have access to a Windows Oracle instance for now. I used Bindview's strace to trace the oracle.exe process. Combined with Sysinternals's Process Explorer, I can tell only LGWR opens, closes and reads from / writes to the redo logfiles.

Yong Huang Received on Tue Aug 31 2004 - 14:22:15 CDT