Apology to Howard (WAS) Re: SQL Server 2000 Migrate to Oracle

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 31 Aug 2004 10:32:13 -0500

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, dontreply_tddykstra_at_forestoil.ca.x wrote:
> Howard, lighten up. Galen's posts have been professional,
> which is not what I can say of yours in this thread.

Terry,

I appreciate your reading my comments for what I think they sounded like, but I also appreciate Howard's offense taken.

By virtue of how much help he has provided to people alone (and really I should always continue to lighten up my propensity for critiques of others posting styles), Howard shouldn't have to hear my criticisms of his comments. His comments weren't all that egregious by anyone's standards and he certainly wasn't offensive to anyone so I should have just voiced my disagreement with his design thoughts only. I shouldn't have gone down the path of critiquing his style of commenting. Was he "drinking coolaid" or "on a soapbox"? I just shouldn't have ever gone there in the first place.

Howard,

For having gone there at all, I apologize.

Does this close the book on our bickering? I'd like to keep you and your expertise on my side whenever I might need it. I even hold out hope that someday you might be making a pilgrimage to Boston, and I would be afforded the honor of buying you a libation.

--
Galen Boyer