db_buffer performance

From: Vince Laurent <vincelaurent_at_REMOVETHISsbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 15:33:24 GMT

I have an Oracle 9.2.0.4 database. I changed a few parameters and am not getting HORRIBLE db_buffer hit ratios.

Was:

db_block_buffers = 250000
db_block_size = 8192
db_cache_size = 70000000

is:
##db_block_buffers = 250000
db_block_size = 8192
db_cache_size = 80000000

I thought since going to 9i I didn't need db_block_buffers. Ideas?

Server is HP-UX 11i
Thanks!
Vince
"I am mortified to be told that, in the United States of America, the sale of a book can become a subject of inquiry, and of criminal inquiry too." - Thomas Jefferson Received on Tue Aug 31 2004 - 10:33:24 CDT