Re: Two instances with same SID in a same machine

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 03:40:23 GMT

Firehawk® wrote:

> Em sex 27 ago 2004 09:15:46, FM <fabrizio.magni_at_mycontinent.com> disse
> que:
>

>> But maybe the main topic was another and my coompreension of the topic
>> was messy...

> No, main topic was exactly this.
> Yes, it's possible then.

Yes, it is possible.

However, based on my current tests, configuring the listener(s) to keep the access correct to two concurrently running instances is going to be messy - especially if all is under one userid.

My current config - 2 instances (both DBs called PTS1), two different Oracle_Homes, one userid ...

It might be possible to get discrimination through config - I haven't found it yet.

/Hans Received on Sat Aug 28 2004 - 22:40:23 CDT