Re: Problems Installing Oracle 9i on WinXP

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 12:36:50 GMT

Frank V. wrote:

> My installation path was C:\Oracle\[...]
> and the source was from my hard drive, which was extracted from Zip
> files which I've acquired from Oracle. The path was
> 'C:\Disk1\[oraclesSetPath]'

if
  the '[' and ']' are descriptive rather than actual characters, and   that you've checked the read visibility of the source to the userid   doing the install,
then
  is the proposed target directory on the local machine, and   visible to the userid, and
  empty (optional, but a possible reason), and   not locked, and
  in read-write mode?

If that doesn't work, is it possible the inventory directory (frequently C:\Program Files\Oracle ... is read/only or locked, or perhaps the inventory itself?

> There were no spaces, or anything that could cause a problem.

Nor hidden characters, or other characters unacceptable to Windows?

> Frank V.
>
> P.S. I'll cross post if i want ;-)

The volunteers here use the forum name to screen the types of questions, as we all read and respond in most of the forums.

Please reread this and ask yourself honestly whether that is the kind of interaction you yourself would appreciate from people when volunteering.

/Hans Received on Fri Aug 27 2004 - 07:36:50 CDT