Re: Problems Installing Oracle 9i on WinXP

From: Frank V. <jawzx2003_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 26 Aug 2004 14:46:40 -0700

Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net> wrote in message news:<cgfnc5$oat$1_at_news1.tilbu1.nb.home.nl>...
> Frank V. wrote:
> > jawzx2003_at_yahoo.com (Frank V.) wrote in message news:<761376f2.0408231016.4a87b172_at_posting.google.com>...
> >
> >>I'm trying to install (reinstall) Oracle 9i on to my windows XP
> >>computer and I keep getting an error that I can't find and/or figure
> >>out. I've searched in multiple locations and no one has even mentioned
> >>this problem?
> >>
> >>Error:
> >>"There was a problem in accessing the staging area. Please make sure
> >>the specified values for ?Source' and ?Destination' are valid." This
> >>occurs on the File Location page of the installer.
> >>
> >>One important note is that I've installed this exact installation
> >>version on to the same computer before. The only major configuration
> >>change is that I've added Service Pack 2 to my computer.
> >>
> >>I know that I have the hard disk space for installing this. Any
> >>suggestion or recommendations will help out a lot. Thanks!
> >>
> >>-Frank V.

> > In regard to my question above, does anyone currently run Oracle 10g
> > w/ Service Pack 2? Does it work? did you try to install it w/ SP2 on
> > your winxp machine. if so, CDs or Hard disk? download or Oracle
> > provided CDs, any information on Oracle w/ SP2 would be greatly
> > appriated.
> >
> > Anything like more failure stories, so i can confirm this, or success
> > stories so I can start search around more. and if you were successful,
> > perhaps you can tell me you CPU setup.
> >
> > Again, thanks to everyone who reads this, and who contributes.
> >
> > Frank V.
> > Jawzx2003_at_yahoo.com
>
> What if it just simply *is* an error in the staging area?
> How about posting the source and destination?
>
> And stop cross posting...

Frank van Bortel,

   It isn't simply a error in the staging area, although I did think of that, and took measures to counteract that.

My installation path was C:\Oracle\[...] and the source was from my hard drive, which was extracted from Zip files which I've acquired from Oracle. The path was 'C:\Disk1\[oraclesSetPath]'

There were no spaces, or anything that could cause a problem.

Frank V.

P.S. I'll cross post if i want ;-) Received on Thu Aug 26 2004 - 16:46:40 CDT